Voobly Releases Aok 3.0 Patch

Discussions about the game, strategies, players, clans, downloads and anything else.

Voobly Releases Aok 3.0 Patch

Postby Pine on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:09 am

Hello guys, we are happy to announce a huge update for the Age of Empires II: Age of Kings has been released. The update is called Aok 3.0 and has made some key improvements to Aok. Voobly is fully committed to offering the very best place for the Aok community to continue to enjoy this great classic game! Below is a list of some of the key updates Aok 3.0 brings to Aok. We hope you enjoy the new features!

List of Aok 3.0 features:

Random Teams - You are now able to chose random teams "?" in the multiplayer screen, instead of having to try to figure out how to make a team, each player can now simply chose "?" as their team and the teams will be automatically created when the game starts.

Mirrored Civilizations - This option allows each team to receive the same civilizations as the other team, providing a more even match up in your game by eliminating the possibilities of having a team with all weak civilizations.

250 Population - This option increases the population limit from 200 to 250, providing even more possibilities in unit combinations and strategies.

Widescreen - Voobly provides full widescreen support to all Aok user's, to enable widescreen in your game room click on "Game" and select the "Resolution Tool" and click on "Force Desktop Resolution in Game".

Anti-Cheat - Voobly has spent over 7 years developing and updating the only working Anti-Cheat System for the Age of Empires Series which is now integrated into the Aok 3.0 Patch to provide the best protection against all cheats.

Window-Mode - It is now possible to launch your Aok in window-mode, simply click the "Game" button in your game room and select "Directx" and check the "Render in 32bit color" and the "Start in window-mode".

For a list of other key features offered to the Aok Community that no other gaming client offers visit .

Screenshots:
Stretched

Centered

Left

Right
Last edited by Pine on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pine

Re: Voobly Releases Aok 3.0 Patch

Postby Tyger on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:13 am

ooo Random teams! :o

I encourage all to try out the Voobly Gaming Experience! 8-) It provides many features that enables for easier and more smooth play.
Tyger
Site Admin

Postby ZondaR on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:59 am

This is awesome. We have to figure out how to move the GR players over there, otherwise this is useless when it comes to everyday play :(
ZondaR

Gr Id: [Kot] Zonda-R

Postby KOG_aRe_sHeePz on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:26 pm

About time the update happen :P
KOG_aRe_sHeePz

Gr Id: .

Postby Pike on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:36 pm

Tyger: yyes
Tyger: with 3.0 version
Tyger: I can't hack anymore

All to Voobly now!
Pike

Gr Id: 1679556

Postby StepS on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:10 am

Pine wrote:Widescreen - Voobly provides full widescreen support to all Aok user's, to enable widescreen in your game room click on "Game" and select the "Resolution Tool" and click on "Force Desktop Resolution in Game".

oh, I hope it uses a good xOmicron's algorythm instead of awfully stretching the top bottom side - that really bad implementation used for ages by AoC users.
didn't try it myself yet
StepS

Gr Id: StepS

Postby Pine on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:56 pm

StepS wrote:
Pine wrote:Widescreen - Voobly provides full widescreen support to all Aok user's, to enable widescreen in your game room click on "Game" and select the "Resolution Tool" and click on "Force Desktop Resolution in Game".

oh, I hope it uses a good xOmicron's algorythm instead of awfully stretching the top bottom side - that really bad implementation used for ages by AoC users.
didn't try it myself yet

Actually you can choose how you want the bottom bar, stretched, centered, left or right.

Screenshots:
Stretched

Centered

Left

Right
Pine

Postby debussy009_ on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm

I think that they should make the Widescreen patch totally free, because if someone wants widescreen, better spend money on AoE2 HD
debussy009_

Postby Tyger on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:40 pm

They've recently made it free for both AoC and AoK.
Tyger
Site Admin

Return to RM Discussion